Now a days many small businesses struggle with deciding which kind of marketing to do, because their budget will only stretch to one or the other, not both. The decisions that must be made are not easy: which method of marketing will give me the most bang for my buck? How do I know if my marketing is working? Who should I trust with my marketing? Should I do it myself? The answers may surprise you.
To clarify the terms, the use of print ads on newspapers and magazines is a simple example of traditional marketing. Other examples include flyers that are put in mailboxes, commercials both on TV and radio and billboards. On the other hand, when a business invests on building a website, advertising the brand name through different social media such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, this kind strategy is called digital marketing.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the act of promoting and selling products and services by leveraging online marketing tactics such SEO, Social Media, Email marketing, Video Marketing and more.
Also it works so well, marketers don’t think of it as an alternative to “traditional” marketing. They’re just excited about the results they’re able to generate.
Digital marketing isn’t only about “being there” when your customers are ready to buy. It’s about creating the desire to buy and persuading them to buy sooner (and possibly more often).
It’s also about being more than a merchant. Through digital marketing, you can actually become a guide and a trusted friend—so when you make a recommendation, people are eager to listen.
What is Treditional Marketing?
Traditional marketing refers to classical promotion modes where the use of technology is very low or nonexistent. The channels used have tangible evidence attached to it in most instances. Examples of traditional marketing are printed advertisements in newspapers, magazines, business cards, printed posters, billboards, brochures, radio, and television commercials.
Definitions of Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing:
- Traditional marketing is classical promotion modes where the use of technology is very low or nonexistent.
- Digital marketing is marketing of products or services using technological channels to reach consumers.
- Traditional marketing cost is higher than digital marketing. The channels utilized such as television, radio or billboards require huge investments.
- Relatively, digital marketing costs are far less than traditional marketing. Sometimes it can be free too.
Recommended to Read:
What is Organic CTR? Learn How to Increase CTR : SEO Guide
Enhance your Business with latest PPC Trends & Techniques
- In traditional marketing, advertisements are printed in newspapers or magazines. The coverage is restricted to the audience who read such printed materials. Also, the impact of advertisement is momentary, where it is not recalled. For example, after reading a magazine or newspaper it is thrown out the next day.
- Digital marketing coverage can be made permanent. For example, a facebook posting will remain forever and it can be recalled by the customers at any time.
- The result of traditional marketing is hard to measure such as the customer behavior towards it or the number of people it reached.
- With digital marketing, the results can be easily measured with relevant software tools. For example, e-mail marketing software can record the number of messages sent and number of messages viewed. Also, similar software can track the sales that were result of digital advertising.
- With traditional marketing, messages intended to customers cannot be transmitted to customers immediately. It requires time to get printed or placed. So, it is not an instant mode of communication.
- Messages can be showcased in real time to customers with digital marketing. It is instant.
- Traditional marketing and digital marketing objectives are similar. But, the pathways to access the objectives are different. These differences have been highlighted above.
What are the Benefits of Digital Marketing?
Some people are hesitant to dive into digital marketing, but the upsides are too big to ignore:
• You don’t have to spend a lot to make a big impact online.
• Digital tools make it easy to measure the effectiveness of your campaign.
• Feedback from your customers allows you to quickly refine your campaign and your brand.
• The internet lets you connect with customers no matter where they are located.
• Digital marketing opens up a conversation between your business and your target audience.
How Can I Get Started With Digital Marketing?
If you are debating digital vs traditional marketing, you are likely familiar with traditional marketing and hesitant about going online. Luckily, the transition is a lot easier than you think, and you don’t need to learn complicated new technical skills. Here are a few high-impact types of digital marketing:
• Set up social media profiles
• Start a blog and keep it updated
• Contact your customers through email
• Put special offers on your website
• Show off what you do on YouTube
A great digital marketing professional will have the ability to adapt quickly and learn on their own, even being ready to pivot into different digital careers as they choose or as needed should old skills become less in-demand. They will be working with diverse teams and clients, so they will have to know how to communicate well and build strong teams.
Learn the key digital marketing techniques with a Professional Digital Marketing Course with real Time objectives
Best Digital Marketing Course Training – Live Project
Is Traditional Marketing Still Relevant?
Absolutely. Do you still listen to the radio, watch TV, look at billboards on the highway and check out fliers when you see them on the street? We do too, and that’s why we think the idea of digital vs traditional marketing is overblown. Both of these strategies have a lot to offer, and when they are planned and managed in concert, they can have a huge impact. Just consider these scenarios:
• You use a radio ad to publicize your website.
• You use QR codes in print ads to give customers instant coupons and deals through their phone.
• You produce a podcast that is like your own hour-long radio program.
• You post a YouTube video that ends up on morning news shows.
It is important that you use different marketing strategies for your business and then find out which work best. In most cases, it is the combination of many strategies that will serve your objectives.
Digital Marketing is a dynamic medium and you should always be adapting to the changes from search engies like Google, yahoo, bing. Use a Web Analytics tool to track daily weekly and Monthly Audience report and Google Search Console for website performance and plan your next move.
Related Articles to Read:
How to start Content Marketing – Drive 10,000 visitor to a website
Get Quality Lead with our PPC Services!
Brief about Google Ads Search Network – Text Ad Format Types
How to generate leads for Real Estate agents with Google Ads
How to build SEO strategy for B2B business website: SEO Guide
What is SEO and why it is important for online successes?
Essential SEO Strategies for Recruitment | Job Board Website